Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM) v3.2+
***This Process is still in a Beta state, Review All Documentation Prior to Starting the Migration Process***
Part I. Connect NAP to NMM
Next step is to indicate to NAP how to connect to your NMM install.
- If you haven't already, enable API in your NMM install. Follow instructions in this KB to enable NMM API.
- Copy the NMM API information to Settings > NMM API settings in NAP
Part II. Kickoff the migration
To initiate the migration, login to NAP and locate the account you want to migrate. From the action menu select the button Migrate to NMM. A pop-up will come up and the system will check if you have provided NMM API credential info:
Enter MIGRATE to confirm your action and click the Confirm button to kick-off the migration. A new task will be created in NAP. You can monitor progress of the migration process by reviewing the tasks in NAP and NMM. Generally, the migration process takes a few minutes.
During the migration a new NMM account is created tied to Azure tenant and subscription of NFA account, with this setup:
- The name of the account is the same as the account name in NAP.
- Linked networks are created for the LAN and DMZ networks that were in NAP.
- A linked resource group is created for the resource group that was in NAP.
- A Directory entry is created, of type Active Directory, for domain nerdio.int (or your whitelabled domain) with username administrator@<domain>.
- A FSLogix profile called Default profile is created in NMM account, with FSLogix profile path pointing to \\fs01.<domain>\profiles
- Desktop deployment model is set to Azure Virtual Desktop. Windows 365 Business and Enterprise are left turned off.
- Intune is left Disabled.
- Azure Monitor Insights is enabled.
- Backups are left disabled. You must go to Settings -> Integrations page to link backup vault and policy.
- No host pools are created. Partner must recreate host pools and assign users.
- On the Desktop images screen, in a new section called NFA DESKTOP IMAGES, WVDSH00 Golden image and template images of all Desktop Pools in NAP are listed in the new section. User must click "Migrate to NMM" button to bring each NFA image into NMM.
- Any NFA Personal desktops are listed on the Servers screen. User must click "Migrate to NMM" button to bring NFA personal desktops into NMM as single user personal host pools.
Once the migration is complete, the NFA account's status will indicate it is Migrated to NMM, as seen in this screenshot:
Part III. Importing Images
Once you have imported your NFA account to NMM, you can import the account's existing AVD images to be used in NMM. Before you proceed to import existing NFA Desktop images to NMM, navigate to Settings->Portal tab of your migrated NMM account and make sure that NFA migration mode setting is Enabled:
Then navigate to Desktop images tab and you will be able to see a section called "NFA Desktop images" :
Select images "Pool-A00" and "WVDSH00" and click "Migrate to NMM" button next to them to start the migration process. Once migration is complete, you will see these images under "Desktop images" section: