Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP only
A scenario may arise where your current NMM install would need to be moved to a new subscription in Azure. We'll often see this related to partners taking advantage of Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) Azure benefits. Currently, the moving of a managed application (such as NMM) is not supported in Azure. A fresh install of NMM would be required in the subscription due to this limitation with managed applications. This process below can help with that move and re-add your current customers to the fresh install in your desired subscription:
- Record details from your current install and accounts. Take screenshots of auto-scale settings, the Settings>Integrations module, Azure Files Auto-scale settings, and any other customizations that have been made.
***These settings are stored in the NMM application and these settings will be lost in steps that follow in this guide. Recording these settings is critical to ensure those settings are applied in the new Install.***
- Disable Auto-scaling of AVD Hostpools, Servers, and Azure Files for all of your customer accounts.
- Overview of Auto-scale in NMM
- Destroy the Accounts from NMM: Destroy Account
- This will NOT destroy resources (VMs, vNETS, Azure Files, etc.)
- Users will not be logged off or disrupted due to a destroy
- Remove NMM from your environment: How do I remove NMM from my environment?
- Install NMM in your desired subscription
- Re-add your customer accounts as existing accounts: Add Existing Account to NMM
- Reconfigure your accounts with the settings recorded in step #1
If you have any questions on this process or need any further assistance, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com. Thank you!