Important Notification for NFA Partners Only
Due to partner feedback, product demand, and Microsoft extending their ASM retirement deadline, Nerdio has moved the sunsetting of NFA to End of Year 2023. If you haven’t already, we highly recommend reviewing the current migration documentation here. As you review the documentation please submit any questions email@example.com
- NFA sunset occurs January 31st 2024
- New NFA account creation will be unavailable on November 30th 2021
- NFA will be fully supported until the official sunset - firstname.lastname@example.org
- We encourage all partners to watch this video, read all of our supporting KB's and consider preparing for migrations in 2022. The entire Nerdio team is here to support and guide all of our amazing partners during this transition.
When preparing to migrate any environment it is important to discover, verify and document all aspects of the existing environment and eventually the new one.
In this guide I will suggest some ways to discover the existing NFA environment and show examples of how we completed these tasks in our own environment.
*Please remember that not all environments are the same and you may need to complete some investigating and discovery not included in this guide.
IMPORTANT - Review and plan based on existing Security Groups and automations.
- Nerdio for Azure included Identity management and automations that are no longer available in NMM. Specifically, Nerdio for Azure would place newly created computers or users into any or all of the following security group(s) to enable specific GPO's:
- "VDI Computer Group" - Personal Desktops(AVD)
- "RDSH Computer Group" - RDS Hosts and AVD Pools
- "RDS Users Group" - Users assigned to an RDS based Host or AVD based desktop
- MSP partners should consider reviewing all security groups and GPO's in full and determining best practices for new users and computers going forward. Commonly partners are achieving this via OU based policies.
Users and Groups Audit
|Prev - Perform a Discovery of your NFA Environment||Next - Migrating from NFA(AVD) to NMM(AVD)|