- Microsoft is sunsetting Azure Classic "(not Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD)); - Microsoft Article
- NFA sunset occurs February 20th, 2023
- Only new NFA account creation will be unavailable on November 30th 2021
- NFA will be fully supported until the official sunset - firstname.lastname@example.org
- We encourage all partners to watch this video, read all of our supporting KB's and consider preparing for migrations in 2022. The entire Nerdio team is here to support and guide all of our amazing partners during this transition.
This guide will detail the steps necessary to prepare for migration from Nerdio for Azure to Nerdio Manager for MSP.
- Understanding NMM Resources and Azure costs
- Perform a Discovery of your NFA Environment (Internal Link)
- Migrating from NFA to NMM (Internal Link)
- Obtain a Nerdio Certification
Understanding NMM Resources
When you install the Nerdio Manager for NMM application from the Azure Marketplace, the following resources are created in the MSP's Azure Subscription (Original KB)
- App Service plan and App Service (B2)
- Application Insights
- Key vault
- SQL server and SQL database (S1)
The initial deployment is sized to easily accommodate hundreds of AVD users. The SQL Database and App Service have non-negligible Azure costs associated with them.
- App Service (B2) - $109.50/month (list price)
- SQL Database (S1) - $29/month (list price)
For small scale pilot deployments you can scale down the App Service as low as B1 ($55/month) and SQL Database as small as B ($5/month). This can be done live in the Azure portal without shutting down the application. However, keep in mind that this may have an impact on how responsive Nerdio Manager for MSP comes with such small resource sizes.
|Prev - Nerdio for Azure Sunsetting Announcement||Next - Perform a Discovery of your NFA Environment|