To troubleshoot service issues, it can be useful to temporarily bypass SafeDNS. You can use these steps to do so:
- From DC01, open up the DNS Manager and right-click "DC01", then select properties.
- From the "Forwarders" tab, click Edit and add an IP address to a public DNS server such as Google (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168) or CloudFlare (22.214.171.124)
- From your account in the Nerdio Admin Portal, expand the Network tab on the left and select Firewall.
- Click "Add Rule"
- Allow outbound traffic from any source using port 53 to the IP you used for the new forwarder.
- Ensure that the priority is above the existing system rule titled "Allow DNS to SafeDNS" (use a number lower than 501)
- Save the rule and confirm that DNS is functioning as expected.