Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM) v2.0.1+
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM). Using Microsoft Intune apps you can control your organization’s devices -mobiles, laptops, tablets, Cloud PCs and soon Azure Virtual Desktops. You can also configure policies to control various applications. For example, you can prevent emails from being sent to people outside your organization. Intune also allows your employees to use their personal devices for work. On personal devices, Intune secures your organization's data and isolates it from your personal data.
Let us understand how we have integrated Intune apps in the NMM portal.
Login to NMM portal and log into your account. From the main menu, navigate to Settings->Integration page as shown below:
Scroll down on the "Integrations" page till you reach "Microsoft Intune" tile:
Make sure the current status is set to "Enabled":
Now, from the main menu on your account's page, select "INTUNE->Apps" as shown below:
You can manage Intune apps from this page:
Let's look at each option in detail:
- Search: You can search Intune apps by name:
- View: You can view a list of existing Intune apps:
- Edit: Click "Edit" option on an existing Intune app to update it:
- Delete: Click "Delete" option on an existing Intune app. Click "OK" button on the pop-up to confirm deletion:
- Add app: Click "Add app" button and fill in the details:
- Select type from drop-down
- Name of the app: Enter a suitable name for the app
- Appstore URL: Enter a URL
- Publisher: Enter a publisher name
- Groups(available): Select from drop-down
- Description: Enter a short description
- Click "Save" button once done.
- View Intune app tasks: You can view the status of various tasks under "Intune app tasks" section. You can search tasks by any text in the tasks or filter tasks by status (ALL STATUSES, PENDING, IN PROGRESS, COMPLETE, ERROR and CANCELLED). You can refresh tasks and also download them in JSON format:
To view more details for a task, simply click "Details" option:
You can even hide a task by clicking the "Hide" option.