Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM) v2.0.1+
Overview of NAT gateway
Virtual Network NAT (network address translation) simplifies outbound-only Internet connectivity for virtual networks. When configured on a subnet, all outbound connectivity uses your specified static public IP addresses. Outbound connectivity is possible without a load balancer or public IP addresses directly attached to virtual machines. NAT is fully managed and highly resilient.
Let us understand how NAT gateway is integrated with the NMM portal.
Login to NMM portal and log into your account. From the main menu on your account's page, select "NETWORK->NAT Gateway" tab as shown below:
You can manage your NAT Gateways from this page:
Let's look at each option in detail:
- Search: You can search NAT Gateway by name or region:
- View: You can view a list of existing NAT Gateways:
- Add NAT Gateway: Click "Add NAT Gateway" button and fill in the details:
- Name: Enter a suitable name for your NAT Gateway
- Resource Group: Select from drop-down
- Region: Select from drop-down
- VNET: Select from drop-down
- SUBNETS: Select from drop-down
- IDLE TIMEOUT: Select appropriate value from the counter
- AVAILABILITY ZONE: Select from drop-down
- PUBLIC IP ADDRESSES: Either create a new public IP address or select an existing public IP address from drop-down
- Click "OK" button when done
Note: In the "Select Subnets" drop-down, NMM displays subnets that meet the following specifications:
-Subnet that are not used by other NAT Gateway
-Subnet that are not used by any VPN Gateway
-Subnet that are not used by NIC with public IP with sku=Basic
- Edit NAT Gateway: Click "Edit" option on an existing NAT gateway. You can edit VNET, Subnets, public IP addresses and Idle timeout settings and click "OK" button to confirm:
- Delete NAT Gateway: Click "Delete" option on an existing NAT gateway. On the pop-up, enable "DELETE ATTACHED PUBLIC IP ADDRESSES?"= "ON" if you want to delete the public IP addresses attached to the NAT Gateway. Click "OK" button to confirm.
- View NAT Gateway tasks: You can view the status of various tasks under "NAT Gateway tasks" section. You can search tasks by any text in the tasks or filter tasks by status (ALL STATUSES, PENDING, IN PROGRESS, COMPLETE, ERROR and CANCELLED). You can refresh tasks and also download them in JSON format:
- Details: To view more details for a task, simply click "Details" option:
- Hide: You can even hide a task by clicking the "Hide" option.
- Resume: You can restart a failed task by clicking the "Resume" option. Click "OK" button to confirm action:
- Cleanup: You can cleanup a task by clicking the "Cleanup" option. Click "OK" button to confirm action: