Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM) v2.0+
NMM Notifications allow you to define rules to generate email alerts based on various conditions and actions, such as failed tasks, auto-scale actions, or role changes. Select whom to notify based on tasks, statuses, resources, etc. Notifications are defined by a condition and a corresponding action or actions to be triggered when the condition occurs.
This article will cover:
Let us look at how to setup email notifications and configure conditions and actions in NMM.
First, login to NMM and expand the Settings->Environment tab from the main menu:
Navigate to the Email notifications section. In order to configure email notifications, you need to:
- Enable email notifications: Make sure the current status of notifications is set to "Enabled":
- Test connection: The sender's email address will be set here by default. Enter the recipient address in order to test the mail flow:
- Link mailbox: If you want to change the sender, you need to click "Link mailbox" link and select a user with an active Exchange Online mailbox from the given list of users:
Once you enable email notifications, you need to setup conditions and actions based on which emails will be triggered and sent to recipients. Login to NMM and expand the Notifications tab from the main menu:
Conditions allow you to specify which actions or states will trigger a notification. Navigate to Notifications->Condition tab to manage conditions:
To create a new condition, navigate to Notifications -> Conditions in the NMM menu, click the Add button on the right to create a new Condition:
And enter the following information and click "OK" button:
- NAME: The condition's name. You will specify this name when creating a corresponding notification action.
- ACCOUNTS: Specify the account number or select "Any" if you want the notification to apply to any account
- TARGETS: Targets define which resources the condition will be evaluated against. The targets can include all workspaces or they can be confined to a specific workspace, or a single host pool.
- TASKS: The action or actions that will be evaluated. Examples include Add host, Disconnect user session, Stop VM, etc.
- RUN BY (USER): Interactive user or background process that triggered the task.
- STATUSES: The status (e.g. "completed," "error," or "cancelled") that this condition should match.
You can perform more operations (Edit, Delete) on existing notification conditions:
To update condition, select Edit option from the drop-down and specify the following details:
Click "OK" button once you are done updating the notification.
To delete a condition, select Delete option from the drop-down and click "OK" button:
You can view the status of notification condition tasks under "Notification tasks" section. You can search tasks by any text in the tasks or filter tasks by status (ALL STATUSES, PENDING, IN PROGRESS, COMPLETE, ERROR and CANCELLED). You can refresh tasks and also download them in JSON format.
Navigate to Notifications -> Actions to add or edit actions. Actions define what happens when one of your configured conditions is met:
Note: Status = Green color indicates Active action while Gray color indicates Inactive action
Click the Add button to create a new action:
- SEND FROM: Select a linked mailbox that will be used to send the email notification
- SEND TO: Email address(es) to send a notification to. Multiple emails can be specified separated by commas
- CONDITIONS: One or more conditions to be matched in order to send this notification
- Include task detail: Check this box if you want to include task details in the body of the email and attach it as a JSON file
You can perform more operations (Edit, Deactivate, Delete) on existing notification actions:
To edit an existing action, click Edit button from the drop-down and enter the following details (Send from, send to, conditions, include task details):
To deactivate existing action, click Deactivate button from the drop-down and click "OK" button:
To delete an existing action, click Delete button from the drop-down and click "OK" button:
You can view the status of notification action tasks under "Notification tasks" section. You can search tasks by any text in the tasks or filter tasks by status (ALL STATUSES, PENDING, IN PROGRESS, COMPLETE, ERROR and CANCELLED). You can refresh tasks and also download them in JSON format.