Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM) Distributors
Available in v1.1.0+
NMM Distributor API allows distributors to register, cancel, suspend NMM Installs and retrieve usage information.
Authentication & Authorization
To get started with Nerdio API:
- Sign up as a Nerdio Manager for MSP distributor.
- Contact NMM support team to request access to the Mothership (license management portal) and APIKey.
- Review Swagger documentation of API endpoints.
NMM Distributor API uses API Key-based authentication. Every endpoint has a mandatory APIKey parameter. Include the APIKey provided to you in your API calls. It's important that you keep the key secure and safe. Minimize sharing of the API Key with individuals in your organization.
Direct all API calls to the following URL:
Typical integration flow
As a distributor, generally this is how you will use the API:
- When a partner (MSP) purchases Nerdio Manager for MSP in your portal, call the
/registerendpoint to register the partner's NMM Install(s) in our licensing system (Mothership).
- If a partner cancels their purchase of NMM, call the
/cancelendpoint to unregister the partner's NMM Install(s) and disallow partner from logging in to their NMM Install(s).
- To temporarily disallow a partner from logging in to their NMM Install(s) for non-payment or similar reasons, call
/suspendWhen it's time to let partner log in to their NMM Install(s) again, call
- On a monthly basis, call
/usagefor NMM usage by each partner you have previously registered. Note, you will receive a monthly invoice in PDF format separately as well.
All API endpoints will return one of these response codes:
- 200 (OK): This is the response code you will receive when your API call executes successfully.
- 400 (Bad request): This response code indicates your API call has invalid parameters or invalid parameter values. For example, if you supplied an incorrect version number you will receive this response.
- 401 (Unauthorized): This response code indicates your APIKey does not authorize you to retrieve the information requested.
- 500 (Internal Server Error): This response code indicates that the information you supplied in the parameters is incorrect. For example, if you did not provide a valid GUID for Azure Subscription ID, you will get a 500 back.
Additionally, the /register endpoint will return:
- 409 (Conflict): This response code indicates that another distributor has already registered NMM Installs by partner you are trying to register.