Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM)
Available in: v0.7.0+
Once you have setup a WVD environment for your customers and assigned WVD desktops to end-users, you can allow the end-users to log in to your NMM portal and manage their desktop(s). By logging in to the NMM portal, end-users are able to power on/off their personal desktops; and disconnect, send message and log off from their pooled session desktops.
I. Granting end-users access to NMM portal
To allow end-users to log in to NMM, you must first grant them access to the portal:
- Log in to your NMM portal as an administrator
- Navigate to Users & Roles, and click Add button.
- Select role - End User.
- Select the NMM account that you created for customer's WVD environment.
- Enter email address for end-user. You can enter multiple email addresses if you want to grant access to multiple end-users.
- Decide if you want to limit how long end-user will have access to NMM
- Check box if you want the system to send an email to end-user notifying them that they now have access to NMM. The email will include a link to the NMM portal.
- Click OK button to save your selections
- Once NMM portal has completed the task, you will see the newly invited user listed on the Users and Roles screen
- You can click Edit button to change the user's role and account the user has access to.
- Click Remove access button to immediately revoke access to NMM portal for the end-user.
II. End-user capabilities in NMM portal
Once an end-user logs in to the NMM portal, they will see a screen similar to this one:
End-users will see a list of personal desktops they have been assigned to; and a list of pooled session desktops they are either logged in to or are currently disconnected from. End-users will be able to perform the following actions:
- Send message to user on personal or pooled session desktop if they are currently logged in to desktop (there is an active session).
- Disconnect from a personal or pooled session desktop if they are currently logged in to desktop (there is an active session).
- Log out of personal or pooled session desktop if they are currently logged in to desktop or disconnected from desktop.
- Restart or Power off a personal desktop if it is currently powered on.
- Power on a personal desktop if it is currently powered off.
NMM will log all actions taken by end-user. You will be able to view the log activity by going to Logs menu when you login to NMM portal. For example, this screenshot shows users that disconnected their own desktops from the Nerdio portal: