Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM)
Version : 3.0.0 and greater
Disclaimer : Nerdio Manager for MSP is an automation and management solution. NMM Partners are responsible for understanding, providing and supporting Microsoft Identity Services and Azure Resources. For Identity and Azure support, please contact your Distributor or Microsoft directly.
Welcome to Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM)
This guide will take you through concepts within Nerdio and Azure, including Installing Nerdio Manager for MSP as well as Adding, Managing and Optimizing Accounts.
- Intro - Microsoft Azure Resources and NMM Prerequisites (You are here)
- Step 1 - Install, Manage and Optimize NMM
- Step 2 - Adding Accounts in NMM
- Step 3 - Managing Accounts in NMM
- Step 4 - Optimizing in NMM
Microsoft Azure Resources and Terminology
In this first section, we will focus on understanding the Azure Services and Terminology necessary to building a Cloud Practice with AVD. Being familiar with and having access to external and internal support of these resources is a requirement to successfully using Nerdio Manager for MSP.
*NOTE - SOME LINKS BELOW OPEN EXTERNAL SITES NOT HOSTED BY NERDIO*
Microsoft Identity and Directories
- What is the Microsoft Identity platform?
- Active Directory Services (AAD, AD DS, AAD DS)
Azure Subscriptions, Resource Groups and other Partner Resources
- Azure Tenants, Subscriptions and Resource Groups
- Azure Resources
- Azure Partner Resources
Microsoft Azure Files
Azure Web Applications, SQL instance and Key Vault
- Nerdio Manager for MSP is a partner hosted Azure Web App
- Nerdio Manager for MSP requires an Azure SQL Instance
- Nerdio Manager for MSP utilizes Azure Key Vault
Azure Virtual Desktop and FSLogix
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop
- Microsoft FSLogix
Nerdio Manager for MSP Prerequisites.
There are two components to a Managed AVD Environment in NMM.
- NMM Web Application - This is the hosted Azure Web Application used to manage all MSP NMM accounts
- NMM Client Account(s) - This is the client AVD tenant managed in NMM
Nerdio Manager for MSP is installed and billed through the Azure marketplace. The installation process generally takes five to 10 minutes, and can be broken down in to three phases:
- Install NMM application from Azure Marketplace listing
- Continue installation with an Azure CloudShell script
- Register your install with our licensing server
After installing NMM, you will need to connect an account to manage. Generally, this will be a customer account, though you can also connect to and manage your own Azure tenant.
The following prerequisites are required in order to add an account:
- Azure AD login in the Customer tenant, with Global Administrator and subscription Owner roles
- If using existing Active Directory, you'll need the domain name and an admin username/password
Continue the journey by clicking the link below and logging into the Nerdio Help Desk Portal.
Next Step - Install, Manage and Optimize NMM (w/ videos)