Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM)
NOTE: It is not recommended to use existing session hosts, where the AVD agent has already been installed, as Desktop Image. If the session host VM was provisioned from an Azure managed image then it is recommended to import that image instead. See this KB article for instructions on how to do that.
If you do not have an existing Azure managed image and want to proceed importing an existing session host VM as a Desktop Image follow these steps:
- Stop the session host VM
- Go to Settings>Disks and click on the VM's OS disk
- Go to Settings>Disk Export and click on Generate URL (NOTE: if importing image to another region extend the expiration to several hours)
- Copy exported SAL URL
- In Nerdio Manager, go to DESKTOP IMAGES and click on Add from Azure VM button. Paste copied SAL URL into the appropriate field, uncheck Join AD box and provide local admin credentials to be created on the imported VM.
- In Nerdio Manage DESKTOP IMAGES, power on the newly imported image and RDP to it with the local admin credentials created in the previous step.
- Completely uninstall all traces of AVD agent. Remove it from Control Panel>Programs and Features (make sure all components are gone after a reboot) and remove all traces from registry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RD*), if any.
- In Nerdio Manager DESKTOP IMAGES, click Power off and set as image button