Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM)
Existing Azure managed images in private library or Shared Image Gallery can be imported as a Nerdio Manager Desktop Image.
- In Azure portal, use the source Azure managed image to create a new VM. This VM will be used temporarily and should be deleted after the import process. It does not matter what you call it or what network it is connected to.
- Stop the newly created temporary VM
- Go to Settings>Disks and click on the VM's OS disk
- Go to Settings>Disk Export and click on Generate URL (NOTE: if importing image to another region extend the expiration to several hours)
- Copy exported SAL URL
- In Nerdio Manager, go to DESKTOP IMAGES and click on Add from Azure VM button. Paste copied SAL URL into the appropriate field, uncheck Join to AD box and provide local admin credentials to be created on the imported VM.
- Delete temporary VM created in step 1