Applies to: Nerdio Manager for MSP (NMM)
The process for updating a Desktop Image is as follows:
- In Nerdio Manager go to DESKTOP IMAGES and power on the image you want to update
- Locate IP address for the Desktop Image VM on the Desktop Images screen.
- RDP to the Desktop Image VM and make your changes. You can often use a session host or other Azure VM that is connected to the same VNet to do this.
- Ensure there are no pending OS Update installations and all apps are updated as desired. Pending installations are a common cause for unhealthy images.
- Log off the VM and leave it turned ON if you plan to set the image immediately.
- In NMM, go to DESKTOP IMAGES and click "Power off and Set as Image" button next to the image you just modified, or go to the dropdown menu and select "Set as Image" if it was turned off.
- Re-image the host pool
- In NMM, navigate to the hostpool(s) which uses the image you have updated.
- From the drop down menu next to the specific host pool you want to update, click Resize/Re-image button from the action menu.
- Fill out the screen by selecting the newly updated Desktop Image (note the date/time stamp) and review the schedule.
- Click OK
- Once individual VMs are re-imaged the changes made to the Desktop Image are deployed to all users