In some cases you might experience an issue when trying to login to Outlook or OneDrive on a new user account. You'll receive a message asking you to login, but the login won't work and Outlook, when open, will show a message at the bottom saying "Password Needed."
This issue can be resolved by following the steps below
- Log in as the user into their desktop
- Open Registry Editor
- Drill down to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
- Create a new DWORD entry titled "EnableADAL" and leave the default value of 0
- Completely close Outlook and OneDrive (check system tray to make sure they've been fully closed)
- Re-open Outlook and OneDrive to authenticate one time (be sure to check "remember password" when prompted)
This should resolve the authentication issue and allow users to login successfully.
Comments (0 comments)