In some cases you might experience an issue when trying to login to Outlook or OneDrive on a new user account. You'll receive a message asking you to login, but the login won't work and Outlook, when open, will show a message at the bottom saying "Password Needed."
This issue can be resolved by following the steps below
- Log in as the user into their desktop
- Open Registry Editor
- Drill down to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
- Create a new DWORD entry titled "EnableADAL" and leave the default value of 0
- Completely close Outlook and OneDrive (check system tray to make sure they've been fully closed)
- Re-open Outlook and OneDrive to authenticate one time (be sure to check "remember password" when prompted)
This should resolve the authentication issue and allow users to login successfully.