Applies to: Nerdio for Azure (NFA).
Refer to this KB article to determine if you are a NFA user.
A Point-to-Site (P2S) VPN gateway connection lets you create a secure connection to your virtual network from an individual client computer. A P2S connection is established by starting it from the client computer. This solution is useful for telecommuters who want to connect to Azure VNets from a remote location, such as from home or a conference. You must first enable VPN connections. Note that you will incur additional costs with Azure.
Site to Site (S2S) VPNs are able to be orchestrated via the Nerdio Admin Portal. The orchestration establishes a virtual network gateway that is also required by a P2S VPN connection. Nerdio does not have a feature to allow for PS2 configuration for endpoints and does not support the orchestration and configuration of those remote connections.
The following instructions are to allow for the creation of the virtual network gateway in Microsoft Azure. Once enabled Nerdio will be able to assist with the orchestration of creating a S2S connection and partners will be able to manage P2S connections. P2S connections will have to be managed by partners via the Azure Portal.
Number of allowable connections:
- S2S = 10 with Basic VPN (Azure Default)
- For additional connections go here for Azure VPN Gateway SKUs available via Azure Portal
- P2S = 128 endpoint connections
Step 1: Enable VPN connections:
- Log in to Nerdio Admin Portal as Account IT admin or Account admin.
- Sign into your NFA account.
- Under "Network" menu option, click "VPN connections"
- Move switch "VPN and On-Ramp Regions", to On.
- On the pop-up window, select the option and Click "Confirm" button to turn on VPN connections :
Once enabled, the following links will provide direction and the instructions required to manage endpoint devices connecting to Microsoft Azure with a P2S connection.