Applies to: Nerdio Private Cloud (NPC), Nerdio for Azure (NFA) Professional and Enterprise RDS deployments only.
Refer this KB article if you need help to determine if you are a NFA user.
Self-service password reset feature in Nerdio
Users can reset their Windows Active Directory and Office 365 password by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL (or CTRL-ALT-END) while logged into any domain-joined desktop (either physical or virtual) and selecting the "Change a password" option. Those users without access to a domain-joined desktop can use Nerdio's self-service password reset functionality.
Step one: Enable the feature in Nerdio Admin Portal (NAP)
- Got to Settings > Security > Nerdio Self-service password reset toggle
Step two: User Personal Passcode setup
- Before users can reset their own password they will have to create a personal passcode (we recommend completing this process when a user logs in to their new desktop for the first time)
- Once logged into the desktop the user will open a browser http://dc01:3000 from a Nerdio desktop (see image)
- Enter mobile phone number and create your personal passcode and click save at the bottom right portion of the page
Step three: User Password Reset
- At this point users can reset their password by visiting https://rdsXXXX.nerdio.net:5000/ or https://rdsXXXX.adminportal.pro:5000 if you're a whitelabeled account. The NAP will show you what address to use
- Enter Username on the first screen.
- Enter Passcode
Enter new password