Applies to: Nerdio Private Cloud (NPC)
To assign a Nerdio desktop to a user, you need to first create a user profile on Nerdio Admin Portal (NAP). A desktop will be assigned to the user only when he/she logs into it. Here's the detailed procedure.
As an IT admin, follow the steps below to assign a desktop to a user:
- Log in to NAP as an IT admin
- Log in to your account (say NPC account 1134) and go to the Users module
- Locate a user (say John Lenon) to whom you wish to assign a Nerdio desktop:
- Click Edit user option to add him/her to "VDI Users Active Directory Groups" and click Save button:
This is an important step. Adding the user to VDI users active directory group ensures that the user will be allocated a VDI desktop from a pool of VMs once he/she logs in.
As a Nerdio user, follow steps below to login to your desktop:
- Download the VMware Horizon desktop app from this link on your local computer
- Open "VMware Horizon client" and click "New Server" option to establish a connection to the Nerdio Connection server:
- Once you add a new server, double click the server name (say ids1134.nerdio.net) to connect to it:
- Enter your login credentials (as setup on NAP) and click Login button:
- You will be connected to the virtual server and see your Nerdio desktop. Double click the Nerdio desktop icon:
- You will be able to login to your Nerdio desktop:
- Go back to NAP, login to the same account (say 1134) and click the Refresh button on the "Users" module: You will find that desktop 1134-WS002 has been successfully assigned to you.
Comments (0 comments)