Applies to: All Nerdio for Azure (NFA) Enterprise and all Nerdio Private Cloud (NPC) customers
You can configure various notification alerts in NAP and receive updates on your registered email address. With the help of these alerts, you can keep track of your accounts' activities and prevent unauthorized access. Read further to explore them.
Nerdio sends two types of notifications via email to its users:
- Nerdio notifications
- NAP notifications
Let us explore how to enable these notifications and secure your Nerdio accounts.
Nerdio sends email notifications for:
- User operations such as login enabled/disabled, reset password, revert desktop, add user, edit user, archive user
- Server operations such as server restart, shutdown, reset, power off, destroy, add server, add disk, disk space, change CPU, change memory, change disk size
- Host pool operations such as host pool addition, host pool removal, host addition, host removal and autoscale settings change
- Network operations such as VPN status change
- Backup operations such as remove server from backup cycle, disable backup, backup failed
- Template operations: Email notifications are sent if templates are left powered on for more than 8 hours or 72 hours.
You can enable Nerdio notifications via Settings-> Notifications page. From the main menu, expand the Settings menu and then click Notifications tab as shown below:
You can also choose the recipients who wish to receive these notifications:
- Partner admin: Click the number next to "Partner admin" to view the actual email addresses
- Account IT admin: Click the number next to "Account IT admin" to view actual email addresses as shown below:
- Additional email addresses: Once you enable this option, enter additional email addresses separated by commas and click Save button. The recipient(s) will receive an email from Nerdio in the following format (refer screenshot below).
Note: Nerdio notifications will be sent to you and all users that are allowed to log in to NAP.
Nerdio Admin Portal (NAP) notifications
You can also enable email notifications from NAP in case of the following events :
- A new user is added
- A login to NAP is attempted using your username
On the Settings-> Notifications page, scroll down to view NAP notifications as shown below:
Note: NAP security notifications will be sent to you and all users that are allowed to log in to NAP
- These features are optional and you need to enable them explicitly (by moving the slider next to each option to the left) for them to work.