Site-to-site, IPSec VPN are required for network printing/scanning and data mirroring from existing file servers. Any location that has a network printer should have a site to site VPN tunnel to Nerdio. There is no limit on the number of tunnels that can be created.
To create a VPN tunnel:
- In NAP, go to Network->VPN Connections->Add VPN connection
- Specify a short name to unique identify the connection
- If the location has a static IP address type it in. A main mode tunnel will be automatically configured. If there is no static, public IP then leave the field blank and an aggressive mode tunnel will be created.
- Type in the the local subnet IP and mask. NOTE: IP ranges cannot overlap between different offices/locations within the same account.
- All configuration will be done automatically on the Nerdio side and you will presented with a screen of settings that you need to enter into the local firewall. The VPN tunnel will come up automatically.
- You can watch a video about setting up VPN connections in NAP.