Site-to-site, IPSec VPN are required for network printing/scanning and data mirroring from existing file servers. Any location that has a network printer should have a site to site VPN tunnel to Nerdio.
To create a VPN tunnel:
- In NAP, go to Network->VPN Connections->Add VPN connection
- Specify a short name to unique identify the connection
- Enter the Gateway Public IP Address, which is the public address of your remote network firewall (WAN Interface).
- Type in the the local subnet IP and mask. NOTE: IP ranges cannot overlap between different offices/locations within the same account.
- All configuration will be done automatically on the Nerdio side and you will presented with a screen of settings that you need to enter into the local firewall. The VPN tunnel will come up automatically.
- You can watch our Accelerate - Configure VPN video about setting up VPN connections in NAP.