Applies to: Nerdio Private Cloud (NPC)
If you setup your default programs, log out of Windows and log back in, in some cases you may notice your default programs "don't stick", the settings have changed back. This behavior can remediated by making some group policy changes. Note: if you are a desktop user, contact your IT Department or Partner to perform these tasks.
For IT Admins or Partners
A Group Policy sets program associations during log in. This Group Policy setting is in place to initialize a new user profile during setup. Once the profile is created this setting is no longer needed and can be safely removed.
To disable this Group Policy setting follow these steps:
- Log in to the Nerdio Admin Portal (NAP)
- Select Servers
- Under Manage Servers search for FS01 Server and copy the IP Address
- Start a Remote Desktop Connection to the server and log in using an account which is member of the IT Department Group.
To disable the Group Policy, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Administrative Tools -> Active Directory Users and Groups
- Right Click the Domain -> Properties
- Click Group Policy
- Select WS Computer GPO -> Policies -> Administrative Templates
- Under Windows Components/File Explorer, disable default associations configuration File