The golden desktop image is a VM template. When a new desktop is created, it is an exact copy of the golden image. This allows you as a IT admin to stamp out standardized desktops very easily. Over time you may realize you need to make changes to the golden image so that going forward the new desktops will have those changes included.
- Log in to Nerdio Admin Portal as Account Admin or Account IT Admin.
- In the left-hand menu, click on "Servers".
- Scroll down to the section titled "Mange Golden Desktop Image".
- You will see one item listed. Make sure the golden image has the state "Powered off".
- Click the button "Power on to edit".
- You will be asked to confirm the action you are taking.
- Once you confirm, NAP will initiate the action. You can monitor the progress in the "Tasks" section.
- Once the golden image is powered on, the state will change to "Powered on".
- You can now remote desktop to the golden image just like any other desktop. Make changes to the desktop and log out of the desktop. Do not shut down the desktop.
- Finally, back in NAP, click the button "Power off to set as golden". Make sure to click this button and not shut down the desktop.
- You will asked to the confirm the action you are taking. You can monitor the progress in the the "Tasks" section. Make sure the the golden desktop image changes state to "Powered off".
|NERDIO SUPERHERO TIP
New desktops can't be added while the golden desktop image is powered on. The golden desktop image must be in the "Powered off" state to be used as a VM template.