Use Nerdio's Enhanced security feature to add a layer of security to your Nerdio account. The Enhanced security feature works in two ways:
- Only users from whitelisted IP addresses are allowed to log in to Nerdio Admin Portal.
- Users that log in from a non-whitelisted IP address are required to go through a two factor authentication process.
Enhanced security is off by default. You must specifically enable it in your account to take advantage of the feature.
How to enable Enhanced security in your account
- Log in to Nerdio Admin Portal as an Account Admin. Note that only Account Admins can enable or disable Enhanced security
- Click "Settings" in the main menu
- In the main workspace you will see a section titled Enhanced security
- Click the toggle button to turn on Enhanced security. You will notice that the Adar corporate IP address is whitelisted by default so that our support staff can continue supporting you.
- Click the "Add" button to whitelist the IP address for your office. This is optional. You can choose to skip this step and use the two-factor authentication instead.
On the Add screen click the "Auto-detect IP" button to quickly fill out the IP address fields. You can also enter the IP address in the fields. Enter comments and click Save when done.