Disaster Recovery (DR) is available to our Enterprise customers. We encourage you to periodically test the DR site is working to your satisfaction. Watch this video or follow the instructions below:
- Log in to the Nerdio Admin Portal as an Account Admin or Account IT Admin.
- Click "Disaster Recovery" in the main menu.
- You will see a section called "Status". Make sure the status is "DR environment is stable and ready for failover".
- Click the blue "Test failover" button.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action you are taking.
- Once you have confirmed, the status will change to "Failover to a test DR environment is in process. Please wait...". The failover process can take up to an hour. You can monitor the progress in the tasks section at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the failover is complete the status will change to "Failover to test DR environment is complete. Test DR environment is available".
- You will see an address for the test failover desktop. You can connect to the desktop to verify the DR desktop has been provisioned correctly.
- Once your DR testing is complete click the link in the "Status" section to destroy the test environment.
- The test DR environment is automatically destroyed 24 hours after it is first made available. Plan your testing accordingly.
- You can not do a live failover while failover testing is in process. Plan your testing accordingly.