Applies to: Nerdio For Azure (NFA) Professional and Enterprise users only
In the Servers module, you can clone a remote desktop session host (RDSH) server by selecting the "Clone" option in the action menu. Cloning allows you to quickly stand up another session host server to handle demands from a growing number of RDS users, or if you need to set up an RDSH server with a different software configuration for a set of users.
When you clone an RDSH server, NAP will:
- Shut down source server (the server you are cloning).
- Provision a new server with the same configuration as the source server.
- Add the new server to the domain.
- Set name of new server, based on the next number in the series of RDSH servers. For example, if you have three RDSH servers, the new RDSH server will be named RDSH04.
- Copy all files and folders in c:\users from source server to the new server. All NTFS security settings on the files and folders will be retained.
- Set description of the new server to "RD session host cloned from RDSHxx".
- Power on source and new servers and make the two servers available for use.
- If in-region backup has been enabled, add new server to backup routine.
- If out-of-region DR has been enabled, add new server to DR routine.
- All Nerdio for Azure (NFA) Professional and Enterprise accounts include one RD session host server named RDSH01. NFA Core accounts do not support RDSH01 server.
- You cannot delete RDSH01 server. You can delete any cloned RD session host servers you may have added.