Applies to: Nerdio For Azure (NFA) customers only
Nerdio creates the following users in your Azure Active Directory (AAD) during the account provisioning process:
- Nerdio Azure Admin
- Nerdio O365 Admin
- Install User
- This is a local admin account used to install software on desktops instead of having to log off and back on. It is a local admin only without any other privileges on the system.
- New User Template (default)
- This is a disabled account and can be deleted. It is an example of how user template should be set up so that when new users are added these disabled accounts can be copied to pre-populate all of the security groups and extended attributes.
- Performance Test User
- This is a domain guest account that is not privileged to do anything but test performance (if you enable Performance monitoring).
- SMS Passcode Administrator
- This is a special service account created to ensure that all SMS Passcode services are started successfully on boot. Specifically, this account is used to run a script on the boot up of DC01 to verify that SMS Passcode services have started through windows scheduled tasks. This user does not have administrative access to the server or domain and its scope is limited specifically to running this task/script. If this user is disabled or removed, SMS Passcode functionality may be disrupted and users may experience issues logging in.
- We strongly recommend you don't delete any of these users. Do NOT enable two-factor authentication for Nerdio Azure Admin and Nerdio O365 Admin. Please contact us to reset passwords for any of the users.
NFA accounts that were created prior to July 2018 included the following user accounts, made available for management convenience:
- Customer Administrator
- Engineering Administrator
- Office 365 Administrator
- Partner Administrator
- Tier1 Support Administrator
- Tier2 Support Administrator