When a user is archived, an owner must be assigned to the archived user's data and documents. Here are a few things to be aware of when a user is archived and a new owner is assigned:
- The archived user's desktop will be shutdown and their account will be disabled.
- A shortcut to the archived user's desktop and documents folders will be placed on the owner's desktop.
- The archived user's mailbox will automatically display in the Folder pane in the owner's Outlook, once the owner closes and re-opens Outlook.
- Make sure to copy contents off the archived user's OneDrive folder in 30 days.
- Should you ever need to restore the archived user and get their desktop back, login to Nerdio Admin Portal and use the "Restore" button in the Users module.
- The archived user's data and documents consume disk storage, which counts towards the amount of disk space purchased. Best practice is to retrieve all data and delete the user in 30 days.
- If you prefer to reassign the user license to another user and replace the user, use the replace user feature rather than archive user.