When an employee leaves, often times a new person comes in and takes over the departing employee's position. In such cases, rather than deleting the old user and adding a new user, you can simply "Replace user".
Navigate to Users module and locate departing employee's User record. From the action menu, select option "Replace user" and enter new user's information in the pop-up:
Once you enter the information and click OK, NAP will go through the following steps:
- Create user with same parameters as replaced user, except parameters provided from UI: first name, last name, primary email address, mobile number.
- Assign new user the same Office 365 licenses as replaced user. NOTE: This requires one free Office 365 license in the account.
- Archive the replaced user using newly created user as manager, except for the desktop.
- Assign desktop of replaced user to new user.
- Delete replaced user. This frees up the Office 365 license assigned to replaced user.